Association of Ewell Downs Residents

Information for residents and visitors to Ewell Downs area of Surrey, UK
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BBC Surrey Community Heroes Awards 2012
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 am 
Site Admin

I am delighted to announce the return of the BBC Surrey Community Heroes Awards. The link below has full details.

http://www.ewelldownsra.org/News/Community%20Heroes%20Awards%202012%20Surrey.pdf

BBC Surrey is the BBC local radio station broadcasting across Surrey, North East Hampshire and North Sussex on 104 and 104.6FM, also online. Now in its second year, we are once again searching for unsung heroes from the local community, whose efforts often go unrewarded. This is the perfect opportunity for us to celebrate the people who make our county such a great place to live or work in.

We have ten categories:

1) YOUNG ACHIEVER - Awarded to anyone aged 18 or under, who has demonstrated maturity beyond their years.

2) COURAGE - Awarded to someone who has demonstrated exceptional courage in the face of adversity.

3) 999 - Presented to a member of the emergency services for commitment to their profession.

4) SPORT - Awarded to someone who has contributed to local sporting life, either playing a sport or acting as a referee etc.

5) GOOD NEIGHBOUR - Awarded to the person who goes out of their way to help their neighbours.

6) FUNDRAISER - Someone who has gone the extra mile to raise funds for a charity or good cause.

7) VOLUNTEER - Awarded to a person who gives up their time voluntarily to help out a charity or good cause.

8) LOCAL ENTREPRENEUR - Recognising an individual or company's contribution to supporting the local business community.

9) ANIMAL WELFARE - Someone who goes out of their way to care for animals.

10)OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD - The one person from all nominations received who the judges feel worthy of special recognition.

There are two ways to make a nomination and it couldn’t be easier! Just tell us in no more than 250 words who you would like to nominate and why. Please include your name, address and contact number, then email your nomination to: surreyawards@bbc.co.uk.

Alternatively, you can post your nomination to BBC Surrey, Broadcasting Centre, Guildford, GU2 7AP

The deadline for suggestions is Midnight on Friday 2nd November 2012 and you can find all the terms and conditions on the BBC Surrey website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/surrey

All those who make the final shortlist will be invited along to a special awards ceremony in December and receive a certificate. The overall winner in each category will also receive a special trophy.

I really hope that you will be able to make a nomination in at least one of the categories. I also enclose a leaflet which I should be very grateful if you could pass on to others who would be interested in making a nomination.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mark Carter

Assistant Managing Editor